- Air-cooled modular roof-mounted chillers and economizer system
- 18-inch raised floor with underfloor air distribution
- 225 KVA UPS system with N+1 redundancy
- Top discharge computer room air conditioning units for dedicated UPS room cooling
- Pre-action fire protection system with single interlock cross-zoned provisions
- Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing Engineering
- Fire Protection Engineering
- Construction Phase Support
"The Technical Expertise and support of Williams Notaro were key to the successful execution of our project."
Mark Barry, Sr. Vice President/General Manager
Specialty Construction Division
Donohoe Construction Company
The CSPAN Tech Center is located in a 10 story building in Washington, D.C. The building contains office and technical spaces, as well as underground parking garages. CSPAN needed to expand their Tech Center, which not only necessitated additional space, but also required upgrades to the HVAC and electrical support systems.
One of the design challenges entailed adding over 200 tons of cooling capacity to the HVAC system with a limited available footprint on the roof for new equipment.
Impact Design/Donohoe Construction
6,700 Sq. Ft. (Interior and Rooftop)