- LED lighting technology
- 9% less energy than code for exterior lights
- 91% less energy than code for garage lights
- UPS power system & central web-based monitoring system
- Cost Effective Fully Open Design for Natural Ventilation
- No exhaust or circulation fans required
- No CO monitoring required
- Climate controlled LAN rooms & electric room
- LAN rooms & electric room pressurized for dust mitigation
- Non-potable water distribution system for cleaning & maintenance
- Close coordination with Architect & Pre-cast contractor to maintain 8'-3" clear throughout
NFCU Winchester Campus Parking Garage
J3 Design Collective, the architect, retained Williams Notaro to assist in the design and construction of this new 1,184 space, 5- level parking structure for the NFCU Winchester Campus in Winchester, Virginia. The garage design was closely coordinated with the site topology to minimize the extent of the storm water drainage piping system and to provide on-site concealed storm water detention facilities. The open architectural design eliminated expensive CO monitoring and mechanical ventilation.
As an owner-occupied facility, the garage was designed with an ultra-high performance energy efficient lighting system which uses 91% less energy than allowed by current codes. The storm drainage system incorporates cast iron piping for longevity and an extensive non-potable cold water distribution system provides easy access to water for maintenance and wash-down of the garage surfaces. The non-potable water system was carefully designed to provide convenient low-point drains to effectively drain the system to prevent freezing.
The new garage facility significantly increases the parking for the Winchester Campus and is designed to be integrated into a future office building to be located next to the garage. The new building will connect to the garage by a bridge to the 2nd level.
Garage rendering by J3 Design Collective Inc., Falls Church, Virginia