- 19 Story, multi-tenant high rise
- Rooftop Central Mechanical Plant
- Over 500,000 gross square feet
- Accommodates approximately 1,600 people
- Building & System Analysis
- Computer Energy Useage Modeling
- Evaluation of Energy Conservation
"The study and energy model were instrumental in helping us determine how to reduce our operating costs."
Spencer McCann, Principal
Greenstone Realty Advisors LLC
Williams Notaro developed a calibrated computerized energy model for 550 West Adams, for use in simulating energy savings and payback associated with the implementation of the ECM's. The model provides a powerful tool to assist the building ownership and management in planning future upgrades to the facility's MEP systems.
More than 25 potential ECM's were identified during the development of the energy model. These include the use of VFD's on major mechanical equipment, retrofitting the existing lighting systems with high efficiency fixtures and improved lighting controls, and implementing advanced HVAC control strategies, such as temperature resets and demand control ventilation.