- Custom lighting control system
- Specialized HVAC system controls
- Harmonic cancellation and surge protection systems
- Customized acoustical evaluation and design
- Independent HVAC and electrical controls for 24/7 operation
- Radio Broadcasting Studios
- TV Studio
- Open Area "Live Studio"
"Now, as we head into more bureau building, we are grateful that Williams Notaro is performing the MEP planning. We know that the work will be thorough and professional and that the follow-up will be comprehensive and timely."
William Headline, PM - European Broadcast Union
Fanelli McClain/HBW Group
12,000 Sq. Ft.
- Mechanical, Electrical & Plumbing Engineering
- Fire Protection Engineering
- Construction Administration
- Building Analysis and Modeling
- Acoustical Analysis
- Bid Review
BBC Television and Radio Studio Renovation
The British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) contracted Williams Notaro to design their new facilities in Washington, D.C. This unique space was created in an existing computer room facility through close coordination with the architect and in accordance with strict BBC acoustical and design requirements. The new facility's HVAC and electrical systems allowed independent control and 24-hour operation.
Minimizing the noise from the central cooling system, located directly above the studio, was crucial to the success of this project. Williams Notaro performed an acoustical evaluation to determine the root causes of the noise and designed solutions. Special acoustical requirements were incorporated into the HVAC design to minimize the transmission of noise into the radio and television studios.